Saturday, November 17, 2012

My Love of Two Wheels


I learned to ride a dirt bike when I was 5 years old. My older brother had a dirt bike, but I was always scared of it. Until, my dad came home with my Yamaha Big Wheel 80cc. It was love at first sight, and weather permitting, I was never inside again. It was a perfect fit, because I was a very small kid and it was a very small bike. The Big Wheel had an automatic three speed transmission that made learning how to ride very easy, and with 80cc between my legs I was cruising!


 
 Even though this bike was small, when I fell over, I was not strong enough to lift it up. I would have to wait for my brother to pick it up and kick start it for me every time I crashed.

 I have had many other dirt bikes and all terrain vehicles, but none of them were my Big Wheel!



My first motorcycle was a Suzuki GSX-R 600. This bike was built for SPEED, and it was successful. I had a lot of fun on this bike, but when I had my daughter I thought it might be time to slow down a bit.



 I managed to survive for two years without a motorcycle...



Then, I purchased my first Harley. I got the bike new at the Harley Davidson of Ocean County in Lakewood, NJ. This is a picture of my bike at the dealership, I could not wait to get out on the road.





My Harley Davidson Sportster Iron 883




 The sportster is a fun, affordable, and great looking bike. I have already been sucked into the Harley Davidson web. These bikes are designed to be customized and many aftermarket companies offer anything you can imagine to make the bike your own.



If you have never ridden and you get a chance, do not pass it up. There is no way I would rather travel!


Just make sure you are safe and wear the proper helmet, because it is not just your life at risk.



Anyone that rides a motorcycle knows exactly why a dog sticks his head out the car window.







2 comments:

  1. What a great job with your BLOG!! Great pictures! You told a great story of how you learned to love to ride. Will you let your daughter ride at the age of 5?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Knowing how much I love riding and how thankful I am to my dad for buying me my first dirt bike, I would definitely let my daughter ride if she is interested. Now, lets not rush it though.

      Delete